The shelf life of strawberries are not very long. My favorite way to make them last longer is to dehydrate them into yummy snacks! Dehydrated strawberries last a long time and are super yummy and nutritious!
*This post may contain affiliate links, which means I may receive a commission, at no extra cost to you, if you make a purchase through a link. Please see my full disclosure for further information.
Fresh strawberries are super yummy! However, they are hard to keep fresh if you have more than a few at a time. I like to dehydrate strawberries into super yummy, and long lived snacks!
We recently came upon MANY strawberries (super sale at the local grocery store). So many, that they were going bad faster than we could eat them.
I decided to whip out the dehydrator and make some dehydrated strawberries!
How To Make Dehydrated Strawberries
- Wash the strawberries.
- Slice the strawberries into 1/4 inch thick slices.
- Lay the sliced strawberries into the dehydrator trays.
- Once you have the trays filled, set the dehydrator to around 135 degrees Fahrenheit for 6-12 hours. The time depends on your climate and the specific dehydrator you are using. We have a drier climate here being in the Mojave Desert so ours leans more towards the 6 hour time frame.
- After about hour 4, I like to periodically check the strawberry slices to make sure they are not becoming over-dry. Dehydrated strawberries will have a slight bend to it but little moisture.
- Once your strawberries are dry, store it in an air-tight container to keep moisture out.
They are super yummy, travel well, and last a long while. Dehydrated strawberries are also a great addition to cereal, oatmeal, baked goods, trail mixes, and more! I hope you enjoy!
- Wash strawberries.
- Slice strawberries into 1/4 inch thick slices.
- Lay strawberry slices onto dehydrator trays. Make sure to not overlap.
- Set dehydrator for about 135 degrees Fahrenheit for 6-12 hours.
- Check occasionally after hour 4 to see how dried they are.
- Once strawberries are dried, store in an airtight container.